HOLISTIC BLEND FAQs
What makes Holistic Blend® formulas unique?
- Minimal Processed Ingredients
- Cooked at Low Temperature Heat
- High Bio Availability, such as Chelated Minerals & Whole Foods
- 2 Sources of meat proteins, Lamb or Chicken (42% meat composition) & Salmon (wild ) which offers a greater balance in the Amino Acids, essential to the health of any animal
- No Growth Hormone's or Antibiotics
- No Artificial Additives, Colors or Flavors
- No BHA, BHT or Ethoxiquin
- No Refined Sugars, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Salt
- No Beet Pulp
- No Animal Testing
- Made with the Two Best Sources of DHA Brain Building Foods for Smarter Canines (Salmon & Flax)
- Ingredients Allow for Smaller Feeding Portions, for less clean-up
Why does the quality of food make a difference in my pet's health?
Food is the body's fuel, and life does not exist without it. Your pet's health, behaviour, temperment, longevity, ability to reproduce successfully and to recover from trauma depends greatly upon properly administered and sustained nutrition. "You are what you eat."
Would you say Holistic Blend® is 100% completely balanced?
Holistic Blend® has been formulated to exceed the standards set by AAFCO nutrient profiles. However, all pet foods when cooked or baked at a temperature exceeding 290 degrees Fahrenheit will cause some of the vitamins and minerals to be destroyed. We don't believe any pet food manufactured under these conditions to be 100% completely balanced, and suggest supplementing to obtain the maximum level of nutrition.
Why doesn't Holistic Blend® add probiotics, digestive enzymes or glucosamine to their pet food formulas?
Contrary to what other commercial pet feed companies will tell you, probiotics and digestive enzymes are heat-sensitive, and are destroyed at 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Remember, other commercial pet feed is cooked or baked at a minimum of 290 degrees Fahrenheit. When you buy Probitoitcs, Diegestive ensymes or Glucosmine, they are all refrigerated.
What are BHA & BHT?
Both BHA and BHT are Synthetic chemical preservatives that prevent the fatty contents of the pet food from going rancid. They provide endless shelf life. Both have been suspected of being carcinogenic. BHA and BHT inhibit the immune system as well as the absorption of glucose.
What is Ethoxyquin?
Ethoxyquin is a quinoline-based antioxidant used as a food preservative and a pesticde (under commercial names such as "Stop-Scald"). It is commonly used as a preservative in pet foods to prevent the rancidification of fats. In some scientific studies, Ethoxyquin has been shown to cause cancer in humans.It has been shown to cause mortality in fish. The FDA has banned this preservative from use in food grade products. It is also used to preserve the rubber on automobile tires.
If you still need furthur information, please contact us using the Contact Page, or call us at 1-800 954 1117